Customer had noticed that the veneer on both sides of the main salon was delaminating. We removed the veneer to inspect the substrate. Upon discovery, we found that the cabin side coring was wet (the boat smelled moldy). We followed the trail of mold and were able to locate the source of the moisture on the bridge deck, where air conditioning units on both sides had been leaking into open holes for some time.
- Removed the rotten balsa core
- Recored the cabin sides with Divinicil
- Fiberglassed the new Divinicil cabin sides
- Fitted and installed plywood (new substrate)
- Re-veneered all
- Trimmed out the cabin sides